After I'd had my cry, I crawled back into bed and was able to sleep for a couple of more hours. Eric got me up and we had breakfast. I can't remember if he came to Prosser with me that day or not. It was a Sunday, so if he didn't, he would have gone to church with Helen and Oris and then stayed with them--but I think he did.
Once in Prosser, Tom and I worked on putting together the slideshow for Dad's funeral. We scanned lots of pictures. Mary showed up and said she had great old pics of Mom and Dad at her place. She called Scott (who wasn't coming 'til Tuesday because he had a job interview) and asked him to find the pics, scan them, and e-mail them to us.
We had a good time going through those old pictures. We laughed and cried and reminisced. I don't remember if anyone else came home that day or not. While there I shared the obituary I had written for Dad with Tom and Mary. They liked it; Mom and Sue had come over so I showed it to them. Mom gave her final approval so Tom and I drove the obit to the funeral home so the director could get it to the paper in time. (I've tried to find a copy of the obituary to include her, but I can't. I'll keep looking.)
The rest of the day was spent at Tom's working on the slideshow and coming up with the schedule for the funeral. Around 7:00 that night Eric and I headed home. After he went to bed, I continued working on the funeral talk. Around 10:00 I went to bed. The date was Feb. 4th. I knew that Shannon was set to meet Marlee for the first time on Feb. 5th. I wondered if she already had her, but I was too tired to do the math for figuring out the time change between Richland, WA and Shenyang, PRC. I crawled into bed and slept like a rock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment