Monday, March 8, 2010

A Promise to Marlee

Shannon and I had a 2 hour talk with Marlee tonight about faith. She's working on her Young Women's Personal Progress book. We read several scriptures on faith (Hebrews 11, Alma 32, etc.) It was a great night. We took turns reading the scriptures, we tried to answer her questions, we shared our testimonies. I hope we have more nights like this.
After Marlee went to bed, I had this Facebook chat with Eric:
-----------
10:15pm Eric
hows home
10:16pmTim
mom and I just had a 2 hr talk with Marlee about scriptures and faith and YW
10:16pm Eric
like, good talk? or stern talk?
10:17pmTim
great talk
10:17pm Eric
really?!
what'd she say?
10:17pmTim
she just has lots of questions
10:17pm Eric
did she initiate the conversation?
10:17pmTim
yes....she said yesterday that she wants to do FHE
she's getting into YM Personal Progress
10:18pm Eric
GOOD
so happy to hear that
oh man that makes me happy
i've been praying for that like every night
10:19pmTim
keep praying...
she's trying to come to grip with the idea that she can have a testimony but not cry when she shares her testimony (like all the other teenage girls do)
-------

I'm thankful for a son with such great faith who loves his sister enough to pray that she will increase her faith and testimony. I know that Eric's prayers have been heard, as have mine and Shannon's. I've noticed Marlee's spirituality growing little by little since she began Young Womens in Oct. She's finding her way to a testimony.

Part of her Personal Progress is to begin a journal. I promised her I'd do an entry every night for three weeks if she does too. I hope this might be the catalyst I need to be a better job of making regular journal entries.

No comments: