So, you can see how dedicated I am at keeping this blog current. However, something happened yesterday that I want to share. I was at our (boring) teacher inservice and I saw a lady I teach with writing in a little journal. I asked her is she was one of those "journal people" and and she said she was.
She explained that her mom died several years ago, when my friend was in her 20's. But her mom left behind volume after volume of personal journals that she had kept diligently since she was a young girl. My friend said she has read and re-read those pages; they're all she has left of her mom. She said that in those little books are her mom's memories, expressions of her faith, her fears and fantasies, her triumphs and her tragedies.
My friend said she wants to leave a similar legacy for her children.
'Nuff said. I get the point.
So I want to try to do a better job of recording my feelings here for my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment