| I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. | |
| I do not think that they will sing to me. | 125 |
| I have seen them riding seaward on the waves | |
| Combing the white hair of the waves blown back | |
| When the wind blows the water white and black. | |
| We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | |
| By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | 130 |
| Till human voices wake us, and we drown. |
I'm currently at Resort Semiahmoo in Blaine, WA literally on the US/Canada border. The Strait of George is the body of water that separates the Semiahmoo peninsula from Canada. I'm here for the Washington Activity Coordinators Association Conference. As an exec board member, we get our rooms early, so we get water view rooms. I love to sleep with my window open and listen to the waves.
Here is a picture from my room window (to give you an idea how close I am to the water).
This is our last conference at Semiahmoo after a 14 year run. I'm going to miss it but our group has simply outgrown this beautiful place. As much as I love it, we need to put the needs of our delegation ahead of our own selfish pleasures. Still....it's a beautiful place to escape to.
Here is a picture of me with some WACA buddies. The guy is Bill Oman, my best buddy on the board. The ladies are Caity Karapostoles on the left and Karin Blomquist on the right. The picture was taken by Tom Adams because he wanted me to be in at least one photo at WACA (since I take all the photos for the website).
No comments:
Post a Comment